- Communicates and works directly with customers and perspective customers to provide presale applications support, quotations, and orders using order entry systems.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Generates formal quotations and provide customer leads to the outside sales representatives.
- Develops a strong and positive working relationship with the outside sales team in order to provide feedback and data on account activity, promote open communication regarding specific accounts, and understand sale strategy.
- Dedicates after hour time to learn the features, benefits, and applications of our products by participating in sales and product training events and Evergreen online and off-site training modules.
- Demonstrates proficiency in entering orders and preparing quotations for the customer while responding quickly to customers through phone, email, or fax,
- Utilizes vendor/supplier representatives on a consistent basis to grow sales, source products, and close deals.
- Communicates with other departments such as Purchasing, Accounting, and Operations in an effective manner when needed.
- Develops a strong sense of urgency in following up with quotations and sales leads assures customers receive proper paperwork for credit applications or RGA’s.
- Gains an understanding of the customer’s needs and applications by asking probing questions and effectively recommends the correct product that is suitable to the customer’s needs.
- Uses discretions and judgement when developing proposals and bids ensuring that the pricing is competitive.
- Develop pricing strategy that is mindful of product margins.
- Provides customer assistance at pick up counter when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of inside sales experience, preferably in the building materials industry
- 3+ years of experience selling to contractor, superintendents, and/or other key decision makers on construction jobsites
- College degree in Business or related discipline preferred.
- Programs used:
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks.
- Proven track record of successful sales in the concrete and/or masonry space
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb stairs, stretch, and bend.
- Ability to navigate websites and able to see, review, and interpret computer images and written documents.
- Must have excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing in the English language with the ability to converse verbally with others on the phone and/or in person.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interpret customer needs as well as demonstrate a customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Prior experience in the sales of construction materials-related distributorship (commercial, residential, or both).
- Prior experience in the sales of concrete and masonry accessories, waterproofing materials, and rebar.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Equipment used include:
Computer, telephone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
Excellent attendance, punctuality, and working a flexible schedule, including weekends, is required. Must be willing to dedicate after hours for modules, seminars, customer/company events, and training sessions as needed.
*Hours may vary.
We Can Offer You:
Colony Hardware provides a performance based culture where all employees are rewarded for achievement of both personal and company goals. This includes:
- Competitive salary plus quarterly bonuses.
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k retirement plans with a generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive sick, vacation and PTO time as well as paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Company-paid training and certifications
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
About Colony Hardware:
With 60 locations and 1,200 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.