WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1981, New South Construction Supply (a division of Colony Hardware) is one of the Southeast’s leading suppliers of construction supplies and building materials for commercial and residential contractors. We operate 11 branches in the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida, with our headquarters located in Greenville, SC. We supply concrete and masonry accessories and waterproofing products to commercial, residential, industrial, waterproofing, restoration, and road and bridge contractors. Our customer service, know-how, and can-do attitude helps our customers get the job done right, on time, and on budget.
With a strong and experienced Leadership Team, a diverse group of associates, a well-established and proven Manager-in-Training program, and a hands-on internship program for those starting off in their construction career, New South Construction Supply is not just a job, but is a place where you can have a long-lasting career in the construction supply business.
WHO YOU ARE
Tilt-up construction, also called tilt-wall, has become the go-to solution for commercial and industrial buildings. These braces come in a variety of lengths extending up to 42’ and are used to hold concrete walls in place.
As the Tilt-Up Manager for Columbia, you manage and coordinate the planning, order entry, movement of inventory, and quality control for all tilt and forming-related rental items throughout SC & GA markets shipped from New South's Columbia, SC branch. You are a hands-on leader that works with and alongside other associates. The Columbia branch tilt yard will be the primary distribution and housing points for the rental fleet shipping to SC jobsites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads Tilt Associates by example, staying highly active and working with others to accomplish daily productivity goals
- Utilizes leadership skills including communication, relationship building, and critical thinking to lead and motivate Tilt Associates
- Work with outside sales team, the NC Tilt Coordinator, and the NSCS Tilt Sales Specialists to coordinate the movement of tilt rental items to and from job sites.
- Utilize rental software and Epicor Profit 21 (P21) to enter, monitor, and bill tilt rental orders.
- Hold accountability for accuracy of product on outbound and inbound shipments.
- Direct and manage NSCS internal tilt rental team in the shipping, return, inspection process, and quality control of tilt rental items using the established NSCS procedures and policies. This management also includes the hiring, assignment of work, and optimizing the tilt rental team's hours of service and productivity.
- Work with the Director of Purchasing to identify future rental item needs and make purchases accordingly. This includes any needed new rental equipment as well as consumable material needed to service tilt projects.
- Maintain a detailed and visible schedule and flow of on rent inventory and future rental inventory needs.
- Maintain and manage an operational fleet of tilt brace and tilt brace accessories.
- Maximize the rental fleet's % of braces on rent vs. % of braces owned ratio (Brace Utilization %).
- Manage and maintain thorough records of rental fleet inbound and outbound movement and all rental asset inspection history.
- Manage, uphold, and teach all NSCS rental policies and procedures to associates across the company.
- Increase yearly EBITDA produced from the rental fleet by managing policies and procedures, optimizing rental fleet logistics, and maintaining an inspected and equipped rental fleet.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment, assisting Tilt Associates where necessary to meet team goals
- Ability to safely operate a forklift as needed to organize and maintain the tilt yard with Tilt Associates
- Strong listening capabilities
- Must have basic mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as simple fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions and communicate effectively with management, associates, and customers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Associate degree or higher.
- Prior construction industry experience.
- Prior experience with a building materials supplier.
- Prior experience with tilt-up construction.
WHAT WE OFFER
- More than just a job. New South offers associates a chance to build their own careers and make an impact as part of a growing company.
- Paid time off that increases with your tenure, including 9 paid holidays, 1 paid floating day, your birthday off, and paid parental leave.
- Competitive pay.
- Company paid medical insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and vision insurance.
- Other benefits including dental insurance coverage, a 401(k) retirement plan, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
With an active commitment to developing our in-house talent, New South Construction Supply also supports our associates with continuing education programs, educational reimbursement, lunch and learns, and more.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any type, including that which is based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We have a drug free work environment. A pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. Random Substance screening occurs post-hire.
We are an E-Verify employer.