As a Warehouse Associate, you handle a variety of responsibilities to load and unload construction materials and manage tilt-up brace rentals and their accessories for our customers. Tilt-up construction, also called tilt-wall, has become the go-to solution for commercial and industrial buildings. Concrete walls are formed in slabs on the ground, which are then lifted by cranes and held in place by pipe braces. These braces come in a variety of lengths extending up to 42’. In this role, you will assist in the safe moving of these braces at the warehouse, loading and unloading these for customers, and inspecting each before and after each rental. You are a motivated team player with a drive to learn and a commitment to exceptional customer service.
A Little About Your Day:
- Tilt-Up Brace
- Ship and Receive tilt-up braces and accessories.
- Inspect and prepare braces that are returned for them to be ready for rental again.
- Repair and condition any damaged rental braces.
- Pull, stage, and load tilt-up accessories that go out with tilt brace rentals.
- Manage the inventory of tilt-up braces and accessories.
- Safely load and unload construction materials.
- Operate a forklift and/or truck-mounted forklift safely and competently.
- Assist in warehouse activities and shipping, receiving responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist in the cleanliness of your assigned work environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Rebar Fabrication(training provided)
- Assist Shear Operator
- Feed the line with rebar bundle; Break open bundles
- Loads truck with packed orders in an organized and specified sequence.
- Assist rebar bender; Feed rebar bender with rebar cut from the shear line
This Might Be the Opportunity for You If:
- It’s important to you to have a career where there is a lot of variety in your day
- You love being on your feet, thinking on your feet, and working in a stable work environment.
- You are results-driven, and able to follow directions, guidelines and procedures.
- You pay attention to details to ensure accuracy.
- Doing your work right is as important as doing it with a sense of urgency.
- You enjoy working independently as part of a highly successful, goal oriented team.
- Your curiosity drives you to look for better, more efficient ways of doing things.
What You’ll Need for Success
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a warehouse, shipping, receiving or packaging environment.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs unassisted.
- Ability to work on your feet and perform physical work.
- Ability to navigate computer applications and websites.
- Prior forklift experience preferred.
We Can Offer You:
Colony Hardware provides a performance based culture where all employees are rewarded for achievement of both personal and company goals. This includes:
- Competitive salary and quarterly bonuses.
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k retirement plans with a generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive sick, vacation and PTO time as well as paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Company-paid training and certifications
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
About Colony Hardware:
With nearly 50 locations and 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony Hardware’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.