WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1981, New South Construction Supply (a division of Colony Hardware) is one of the Southeast’s leading suppliers of construction supplies and building materials for commercial and residential contractors. We operate 11 branches in the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida, with our headquarters located in Greenville, SC. We supply concrete and masonry accessories and waterproofing products to commercial, residential, industrial, waterproofing, restoration, and road and bridge contractors. Our customer service, know-how, and can-do attitude helps our customers get the job done right, on time, and on budget.
With a strong and experienced Leadership Team, a diverse group of associates, a well-established and proven Manager-in-Training program, and a hands-on internship program for those starting off in their construction career, New South Construction Supply is not just a job, but is a place where you can have a long-lasting career in the construction supply business.
WHO YOU ARE
As an Inside Sales/Warehouse Associate, you will handle multiple responsibilities managing customer requests with a solution-driven mindset and provide exceptional customer service and the safe loading and unloading of construction materials. You provide key support to Sales Managers and assist Purchasing with special order requests and stock level recommendations. In addition, you also ensure that construction supplies are loaded and unloaded safely, whether by forklift or by hand. You are customer service-focused, team player with a drive to learn and thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Access and utilize company-provided systems to support the Sales Manager throughout the project bidding process.
- Create project files, download plans, schedule, and share this information with internal and third-party rebar estimating resources.
- Organize and track all work through the direction of the Sales Manager throughout the full project and sales life cycle.
- Identify all bidding parties for each project to ensure all prospective buyers receive a copy of our proposal prior to bid date.
- Answer phone calls, respond to emails and follow up with customers on behalf of the Sales Manager while he/she is out of the office.
- Manage an outbound calling campaign at the direction of the Sales Manager to include calling both target customers, customers with declining sales, infrequent customers, and other customers as directed by the Sales Manager.
- Assist branch personnel in answering telephones, fill in at the sales counter during extremely busy periods, lunch breaks, and PDOs.
- Safely load and unload construction materials.
- Operate a forklift and/or truck-mounted forklift safely and competently.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Have good verbal communication skills.
- Assist in warehouse activities and shipping, receiving responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist in the cleanliness of your assigned work environment.
- Assist in Rebar Fabrication, fabricating work piece as determined by work order specifications, including retrieving the correct materials and performing various fabrication duties.
- Light driving / delivery duties as needed, DOT card required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must have basic mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as simple fractions and decimals, and the ability to read and understand a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions and communicate effectively with management, associates, and customers.
- DOT Medical Card for driving duties
- Ability to safely lift and manage up to 80 lbs. of product.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in the sales of construction materials-related distributorship (commercial or residential) or in the sales of concrete and masonry accessories, waterproofing materials, and fabricated rebar.
- Prior forklift and truck-mounted forklift experience.
- Prior construction industry experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Prophet 21
WHAT WE OFFER
- This position offers huge growth opportunities, including potential for Operations or Branch Management. More than just a job. New South offers associates a chance to build their own careers and make an impact as part of a growing company.
- Paid time off that increases with your tenure, including 9 paid holidays, 1 paid floating day, your birthday off, and paid parental leave.
- Competitive pay.
- Company paid medical insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and vision insurance.
- Other benefits including dental insurance coverage, a 401(k) retirement plan, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
With an active commitment to developing our in-house talent, New South Construction Supply also supports our associates with continuing education programs, educational reimbursement, lunch and learns, and more.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any type, including that which is based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We have a drug free work environment. A pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. Random Substance screening occurs post-hire.
We are an E-Verify employer.