Category Manager - Concrete & Masonry
Location: West Columbia, SC, United States
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes detailed analysis to gain thorough understanding of the category assigned including historical purchasing trends, supplier performance, terms, rebates, and other programs in place.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop and implement strategies in the assigned category to drive growth and EBITA improvement through supplier consolidation and spend leverage, enhanced program value, resourcing activities.
- Leverages spend analytics, market intelligence and expiring contracts reporting to continuously build pipeline of opportunities cost savings and EBITA improvements.
- Conducts detailed analysis of transactions, inventory, demand, and supply to identify trends and proactively manage categories, including working across business to optimize inventory and increase order fulfillment for the categories under management.
- Executes key strategies and other activities within the category, including end to end execution of all sourcing projects with high impact and/or visibility within the organization. Includes all supplier negotiations.
- Completes full supplier assignments and supplier segmentation. Develops a path to execute supplier segmentation.
- Maintains status of all complete, active, and planned projects to review with management on a regular basis.
- Manages the relationships with key suppliers including holding regular meetings to review attainment of common goals and performance.
- Schedules and leads all category review and planning sessions with key suppliers within the assigned category including quarterly business reviews.
- Ongoing research and analysis on data and market insights related to the assigned category.
- Maintains strong working relationships with business leaders and vendors to ensure Supply Chain is engaged early on any initiative related to the category and goals for category are attained.
- Develop processes to ensure that business stakeholders are utilizing preferred suppliers wherever possible thereby leveraging the company’s scale to drive greater value for the company.
- Address vendor issues in a timely manner to ensure the highest level of service delivery.
- Manages supplier rebate programs to ensure growth tiers are achieved. Develops and executes improvements and expansion of current rebate programs.
- Assists in special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Level Degree in related discipline/equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier relationship management experience required.
- Global Sourcing experience is preferred.
- Skills | Technology – strong proficiency in the following areas:
- Analytic tools (Power BI or similar)
- ERP Solutions
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel including pivot tables), PowerPoint (advanced skills), etc.)
- Work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks. Effective project management skills required to keep strategy and project execution on track.
- Analytical ability beyond basic math skills. Data driven mindset and ability to analyze spend data to help with strategy development.
- Ability to think strategically and outline direction, in addition to category management execution.
- Effective collaborator who will partner with internal and external key stakeholders to sell, influence, and align to strategic direction developed.
- Excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking in public, presenting to varying levels of the organization, including the executive staff.
- Outstanding customer services skills and mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
This position is a full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM* position. Excellent attendance, punctuality, and working a flexible schedule, including weekends, is required. Must be willing to travel (by car or air) to other branches and locations and dedicate after hours for modules, seminars, customer/company events, supplier visits, and training sessions as needed.
*Hours may vary.
Computer or iPad, telephone, fax machine, copier, ERP, and calculator.
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.