Category Manager - Material handling, floor protection and ladders
Location: Orange, CT, United States
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embark on a journey of detailed analysis, unraveling the mysteries of the assigned category. Dive into historical purchasing trends, supplier performances, and unleash the potential of terms, rebates, and other programs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to craft and implement strategies that not only drive growth but also paint a masterpiece of EBITA improvement through supplier consolidation, spend leverage, enhanced program value, and resourcing activities.
- Channel your inner visionary by leveraging spend analytics, market intelligence, and expiring contracts reporting to continually build a pipeline of opportunities for cost savings and EBITA improvements.
- Conduct a symphony of detailed analyses covering transactions, inventory, demand, and supply. Identify trends and proactively manage categories, optimizing inventory, and ensuring a crescendo of order fulfillment.
- Execute key strategies within the category, ensuring end-to-end brilliance in all sourcing projects with high impact and visibility within the organization. Negotiate with suppliers like a virtuoso.
- Complete full supplier assignments and embark on the journey of supplier segmentation. Develop a path to execute this segmentation symphony.
- Maintain a harmonious status of all complete, active, and planned projects, ready to present your magnum opus to management regularly.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers, conducting regular meetings to review the attainment of common goals and performance. Schedule and lead category review and planning sessions, a quarterly masterpiece with key suppliers within the assigned category.
- Immerse yourself in ongoing research and analysis on data and market insights related to the assigned category.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with business leaders and vendors, ensuring Supply Chain is the opening act for any initiative related to the category, and goals for the category are met.
- Develop processes to ensure that business stakeholders dance to the rhythm of preferred suppliers, leveraging the company’s scale to create a symphony of greater value.
- Address vendor issues with the timing and precision of a conductor, ensuring the highest level of service delivery.
- Conduct the supplier rebate program with the finesse of a virtuoso, ensuring growth tiers are achieved. Develop and execute improvements and expansions of current rebate programs.
- Take center stage in special projects as required. Your encore awaits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A BS Level Degree in a related discipline/equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier relationship management experience required.
- Global Sourcing experience is the overture to success.
- Skills | Technology – Masterful proficiency in the following areas:
- Analytic tools (Power BI or similar)
- ERP Solutions
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel including pivot tables), PowerPoint (advanced skills), etc.
- Work independently, prioritize work, and perform multiple tasks. A virtuoso of effective project management skills to keep strategy and project execution on track.
- Analytical ability beyond basic math skills. A data-driven mindset and ability to analyze spend data to compose a masterpiece of strategy development.
- Ability to think strategically and outline direction, in addition to category management execution.
- An effective collaborator who will partner with internal and external key stakeholders to not just sell but orchestrate, influence, and align with strategic direction.
- Excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision-making, and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including speaking in public, presenting to varying levels of the organization, including the executive staff.
- Outstanding customer services skills and mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
Working Conditions: This position is not just a job; it's a symphony. A full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM* position. Excellent attendance, punctuality, and the ability to conduct a flexible schedule, including weekends, is required. Must be willing to travel (by car or air) to other branches and locations and dedicate after hours for modules, seminars, customer/company events, supplier visits, and training sessions as needed.
*Hours may vary.
Equipment Used: Your tools include a Computer or iPad, telephone, fax machine, copier, ERP, and calculator. Bring your instruments; it's time to compose greatness!