As Rebar Project Coordinator you will be responsible for overseeing all rebar projects from start to finish. To do this you will utilize your willingness to produce high quality, detailed and accurate work to ensure the mission to provide excellent customer service is completed.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee all outside rebar estimator firm relationships
- Support sales representatives with customer service, project management, and problem solving.
- Identify and develop information required to inform the customer of any changes to the contract - communicate with sales to ensure proper billing of change orders and additional detailing costs, as well as pertinent project info.
- Monitor fulfillment of sales orders to ensure accuracy in accordance with Colony/Smart Building Supply standard operating procedures and advise salespeople on aspects of job so they can appropriately quote.
- Coordinate all estimating and detailing for rebar shop and communicate with job site and shop personnel, as well as ironworkers, customers, and sales team.
- Facilitate production schedule to meet customer needs and maximize shop productivity.
- Ensure adequate replenishment of inventory to meet production demands (working with purchasing manager) and replenish rebar, bar supports, and accessories for upcoming work.
- Manage estimate schedule to ensure estimates are sourced/created in timely manner to meet bid schedule and communicate effectively with associates and customers in all aspects of the estimating process.
- Maintain documentation and records for each job.
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Have the ability to work with a growing, fast-paced branch and team.
- Strive for improvement in processes and policies.
- Are motivated by the ability to impact results through sound business planning and implementation.
- Your ideal work environment relies on being flexible, innovative, and able to pivot quickly.
- Have the ability to work within multiple systems, gathering data from various sources and gather information together to present in a concise and accurate manner.
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in Rebar / Concrete / Masonry
- Ability to communicate with branch personnel and customers.
- Ability to safely lift and manage up to 50 lbs, including heavy lifting, standing for extended periods, climbing up/down trucks, etc.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Preferred if you are proficient with ASA programs and reading blueprint
Life at Colony
With 50 locations and 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.