Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Business Partner who oversees recruitment activities, including advertising for open positions, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and facilitating the new hire and onboarding process. This role is responsible for supervising the Talent Acquisition team and ensuring the effective execution of recruitment strategies.
- Supervise the Talent Acquisition team, ensuring the successful execution of full-cycle recruitment.
- Execute recruitment processes, including sourcing, resume screening, phone interviews, and scheduling on-site interviews.
- Obtain guidance from management for strategic staffing support and facilitate the position requisition approval process.
- Collaborate with line management to enhance employee retention through recognition and morale programs.
- Confer with hiring managers to determine the most qualified candidate and extend job offers.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions, create online job advertisements, and build a network of external contacts.
- Manage the applicant tracking system and ensure compliance with EEO regulations.
- Handle onboarding processes, including reference checks, background checks, drug screens, and I-9 verification.
- Distribute and interpret company policies in compliance with state, federal, and local laws.
- Maintain applicant records, ensure legal compliance throughout the employment process, and compile recruitment metrics.
- Assist in meeting Colony metrics, including cost per hire, time to fill, interview per hire ratio, and EEO requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related discipline preferred.
- Three to five years of corporate or in-house recruiting and HR experience.
- Working knowledge of recruiting policies, practices, and employment law.
- Ability to build relationships, recruit candidates, and make selection decisions.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience in a distribution environment are a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, independence, and effective time management skills.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and adaptability in a changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing in English).
- Customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel overnight for recruiting visits and trips.
- Review and interpret computer images and written documents.
- Analytical ability, including basic math skills.
- Listen to and interpret customers' needs.
- Communication skills, including speaking, reading, and writing.
Life at Colony
With 50 locations and 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.