Are you the type of worker who thrives in a fast-paced and professional work environment and gains satisfaction from achieving goals consistently and efficiently? Are you looking for a long-lasting career where your earning potential, growth, and advancement coincide with your hard work? Now’s the time to consider a career with Colony Hardware.
Reporting to the VP of Procurement, the Category Manager - Power Tools, Hand Tools, and Accessories is responsible for managing one of our most strategic purchasing areas with an annualized spend of $70M. This role will be responsible for defining and executing strategies that drive P&L value across the services within the assigned category.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Complete detailed analysis to gain a thorough understanding of the category assigned including historical purchasing trends, supplier performance, terms, rebates, and other programs in place.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement strategies in the assigned category to drive growth and EBITA improvement through supplier consolidation and spend leverage, enhanced program value, and resourcing activities.
- Leverage spend analytics, market intelligence, and expiring contracts reporting to continuously build a pipeline of opportunities cost savings, and EBITA improvements.
- Conduct detailed analysis of transactions, inventory, demand, and supply to identify trends and proactively manage categories, including working across the business to optimize inventory and increase order fulfillment for the categories under management.
- Execute key strategies and other activities within the category, including end-to-end execution of all sourcing projects with high impact and/or visibility within the organization. Includes all supplier negotiations.
- Develop a path for and complete full supplier assignments and supplier segmentation.
- Maintain the status of all complete, active, and planned projects to review with management on a regular basis.
- Manage the relationships with key suppliers including holding regular meetings to review attainment of common goals and performance.
- Maintain strong working relationships with business leaders and vendors to ensure the Supply Chain is engaged early on any initiative related to the category and goals for the category are attained.
- Develop processes to ensure that business stakeholders are utilizing preferred suppliers wherever possible thereby leveraging the company’s scale to drive greater value for the company
- Address vendor issues in a timely manner to ensure the highest level of service delivery.
- Manage supplier rebate programs to ensure growth tiers are achieved. Develops and executes improvements and expansion of current rebate programs.
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Possess effective project management skills required to keep strategy and project execution on track.
- Thrive on using your analytical ability and data-driven mindset and ability to facilitate strategy development.
- Have the ability to think strategically and outline direction
- Are an effective collaborator who will partner with internal and external key stakeholders to sell, influence, and align to the strategic direction developed.
- Excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision-making, and organization skills.
- Have excellent communication skills including presenting to varying levels of the organization, including the executive staff.
- Have outstanding customer service skills and mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline/equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier relationship management experience is required.
- Global Sourcing experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years managing power tool categories.
We Can Offer You:
We value performance that exhibits a high sense of urgency, coupled with attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation! We also care about the welfare of our employees, which is why our salary and benefits are competitive. Colony’s benefits include:
- Quarterly bonuses based upon performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance (company paid!)
- 401k with a generous match
- Competitive PTO and paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Industry-leading training and development
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony:
Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets. At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally. If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity:
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal-opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.