Senior BI and Analytics Developer
Are you the type of worker who thrives in a fast-paced and professional work environment and gains satisfaction from achieving goals consistently and efficiently? Are you looking for a long-lasting career where your earning potential, growth, and advancement coincide with your hard work? Now’s the time to consider a career with Colony Hardware.
Reporting to the Director of BI and Analytics, this role will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and maintaining all operations of the enterprise data warehouse and will also be responsible for working with key business constituents, vendors, and the internal team to ensure consistent management and performance against service levels and the proper level of resources are applied to resolve complex challenges.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Define, manage, and maintain analytics processes; policies for business and technical teams; and support the business in building analytics competencies.
- Build strong relationships with the business and partner with them to deliver, implement, and support a data analytics operating model and tools
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the end users and/or customers and translate them into effective Power BI solutions
- Perform data analysis to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and reliability
- Produce detailed design and configuration documentation
- Define data integration strategies to ensure seamless data flow across all systems
- Learn and possess a deep understanding of the company's business models, data sources, and system infrastructure to design and implement the roadmap and guiding principles for scalable reporting and analytics operating model
- Conduct performance tuning/optimization of dashboard and reporting solutions for effective data retrieval and visualization
- Initiate and deliver programs that align IT with business strategies and provide a high degree of end user adoption
- Co-develop and maintain an aspirational enterprise data and technical architecture roadmap
- Stay abreast of leading-edge data technologies, services, and best practices
This Might Be the Opportunity for You If you:
- Possess strong leadership and management skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Are highly self-motivated and directed.
- Pay very close attention to detail.
- Possess proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Are effective at prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Have exceptional customer service orientation.
- Have extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
What You’ll Need to Have for Success
- Expertise and experience and expertise with Azure Data Factory and Power BI are required.
- 5 - 7 years of progressive leadership experience managing IT process re-engineering, analysis, development, testing, and/or support functions in the DataWarehouse environment.
- Demonstrated track record of managing vendors either onshore or offshore.
- Five or more years of progressive leadership experience in communicating with cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Proficiency with SQL Server
- Deep understanding and experience of work budgeting and planning.
- Experience leading an analytics solution, supporting multiple departments or business functions
- Deep understanding of data models and analytics practices
- Experience delivering various forms of data modeling (conceptual, logical, physical)
- Experience leading, or being a key contributor/collaborator through the implementation and support of an analytics operating model
- Experience partnering with a Data Management solution; deep understanding of Master Data Management principles, architectures, and patterns
- Experience with multiple ERP integration, monitoring, and management
- Experience with data profiling and quality best practices, methodology, and thought leadership
Please note Colony Hardware is unable to sponsor a work visa now or in the future. Only candidates who are eligible to work in the job location without the need for sponsorship of a work visa now or in the future will be considered.
We Can Offer You:
We value performance that exhibits a high sense of urgency, coupled with attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation! We also care about the welfare of our employees, which is why our salary and benefits are competitive. Colony’s benefits include:
- Quarterly bonuses based upon performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance (company paid!)
- 401k with a generous match
- Competitive PTO and paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony:
Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal-opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.