This posting is for our 2024 cohort.
Are you looking for a way to jumpstart your career in the supply chain, logistics, sales, or construction industry? At Colony, our Distribution Leadership Program (DLP) role develops leaders through an immersive rotational experience with exposure both in the field and supplemental development in the classroom setting. Colony will provide you with the foundation to build a long-term successful career. As a program participant, you can look forward to:
- Access to senior leadership through roundtable discussions
- Tailored mentorship opportunities
- Dedicated support from our program manager throughout your rotations
As a future leader at Colony, you will be building relationships and developing the skills, techniques, and knowledge to lead your team to success for years to come.
A little about your day:
- As a participant in our 30-week rotational Distribution Leadership Program, you will have the opportunity to begin your training experience in one of our branch locations, where you will work with some of the most experienced and successful distribution management teams in our industry.
- In the first 15 weeks of your program, your goal is to learn how our products move through the warehouse and get to our customers. You will work hands-on with our teams in your assigned branch location, including:
- Picking & packing
- Driver-ride along
- Forklift operator training
- Inventory control & cycle counts
- Dispatch & delivery
- Receiving & stocking
- In the second 15 weeks of your program, rotations will vary in length but focus areas will include:
- Inside sales
- Counter sales
- Outside sales
- Branch management
During the second portion of the program, you will also have two opportunities to travel to other branch locations to gain a better understanding of how other locations operate for an immersive branch experience week.
What you'll need to have for success:
- A bachelor's degree in business, logistics, supply chain, professional sales, marketing, or a related field is required
- Attention to detail mindset
- A desire for providing exceptional customer service
- Must be open to extended travel and relocation
More about the program:
The overall focus of the rotational program is for you to gain an understanding of the broader Colony business model. Upon completion of the 30-week rotational program, program participants are placed in full-time positions based on their desires and business needs at the time across our growing network of branch locations. Colony will provide financial assistance for you as you move through the program, allowing you to work in one or more of our branch locations.
As a DLP participant, you are considered a full-time, non-exempt employee. You are eligible to receive a raise after successful completion of the first 30-week program. Performance-based annual raises and bonuses are also part of our corporate compensation program.
Please note the entire training program will last approximately 13-19 months depending on role and performance.
Life at Colony
With over 60 locations in 18 states and over 1,200 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of tools, equipment, fasteners, supplies, and safety products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
Our customers can count on us for same or next-day delivery of over 30,000 products from the top names in the industry right to their job site with no minimum order requirement. At the heart of what we do is building long-term, meaningful relationships. Whether it is our customers, suppliers, or our associates, everyone is a part of the Colony family!
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity:
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
Salary range: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 per year based upon experience and location.