Inside Sales Representative / Counter Representative
As an Inside Sales / Counter Sales Representative with Colony Hardware, you will help the construction industry and trades reach new heights and accomplish amazing feats. To do this, you will be a key contact at Colony Hardware for our customers, processing quotes, entering orders, and offering additional support to our customers.
A Little About Your Day:
- From day to day you will handle incoming merchandise by receiving, examining, sorting, organizing, and labeling them with appropriate stock and inventory control codes.
- You will send all picked orders to the packing department after verifying all items are free of defects or damage, and then move the completed orders to appropriate shipment locations.
- You will work directly with customers to ensure they order the right products and that the orders are ready on time.
- Working face to face with customers you will provide a consultative approach to customer service, suggesting additional and alternative products, add-ons, and other support.
- You will coordinate with outside sales, operations, purchasing, and other departments to process orders.
- You will communicate with customers via phone and email, responding to the needs of customers quickly and accurately.
- You will support operations by pulling orders and packing them as needed.
This Might Be the Opportunity for you if:
- You are looking for a career with a growing company with opportunities for growth, development, and advancement.
- You love working with customers, providing solutions and outstanding customer service.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit is the foundation of your work ethic. You are results-driven, and adept at utilizing technology and data to support your success strategy.
- You are skilled at developing and nurturing relationships as a means to success.
- You love winning and are innately competitive.
- You refuse to compromise your integrity to make a “sale”.
- Paying attention to the details is engrained in who you are. Doing it right is as important as doing it with a sense of urgency.
- You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
What you’ll need for success:
- A minimum of two-to-three years of successful inside sales experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of the construction industry and products a plus.
- At minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent. A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of customer service and order processing systems.
We Can Offer You:
Colony Hardware provides a performance-based culture where all employees are rewarded for achievement of both personal and company goals. This includes:
- Competitive salary plus quarterly bonuses.
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k retirement plans with a generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive sick, vacation and PTO time as well as paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Company-paid training and certifications
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
About Colony Hardware:
With 50 locations and 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony Hardware’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.