As a Dispatcher with Colony Hardware, you will begin the journey of managing the logistics process for getting orders to our customers. This person will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the product is delivered promptly and efficiently by adequately managing the driver routes.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Coordinate and log routes for the morning and afternoon delivery trucks.
- Provide information and support to drivers throughout the day, such as phone numbers, addresses, etc.
- Sort paperwork from the previous night’s work, such as credit card receipts, and truck logs.
- Provide information to branches throughout the day, such as delivery times, signature capture, picture capture, and package refusals.
- Keep up-to-date files pertaining to each route and maintains data as needed.
- Track orders through computer programs (NetSuite) prioritizing the most critical and ensuring that they are filled and packed in a timely manner to facilitate on time delivery schedule.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Fleet Manager to coordinate appointments and maintain fleet.
- Prepare daily maintenance reports on vehicles to determine needed repairs or inspections.
- Prepare end-of-month mileage report to determine required oil changes.
This Might Be the Opportunity for You If:
- It’s important to you to have a career where activities are varied, and decisions are made autonomously. You love being on your feet, thinking on your feet, and working in a fast-paced work environment.
- A conscientious spirit is the foundation of your work ethic.
- You are data-driven, and adept at quick decision making within defined span of control based on established rules and procedures.
- You engender trust, demonstrate a sense of urgency, and assure consistent achievement of quality standards.
- Your disciplined and analytical focus promotes your need for producing quality work.
- You seek to avoid risk and are very particular about what you delegate and who you delegate to.
- You are a stickler for details and will gather all relevant facts before deciding. The only thing more important than being heard is making sure you are right.
- Being highly responsive is in your nature, and time management is one of your areas of expertise.
What You’ll Need for Success
- Thorough knowledge of procedures and operations of Wireless Scanning System
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a dispatch-related position or role, preferably in a distribution environment.
- Valid Driver’s License. Motor Vehicle Record must show a record of sustained safe driving with no moving violations in the last 3 years.
We Can Offer You:
Colony Hardware provides a performance-based culture where all employees are rewarded for the achievement of both personal and company goals. This includes:
- Competitive salary and quarterly bonuses.
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k retirement plans with a generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive sick, vacation and PTO time as well as paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Company-paid training and certifications
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
About Colony Hardware:
With nearly 50 locations and 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony Hardware’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.