- Reads pick tickets, prioritizing most critical orders, and verifies item picked matches pick tickets.
- Packs goods following a specific set of instructions/procedures. Properly seals and labels each container.
- Performs pre-trip inspections of vehicle, equipment, paperwork and loaded product.
- Loads truck with packed orders, sorting and organizing merchandise so that it can be easily located on trucks.
- Delivers all orders (materials, tool repairs, rental products) to customers in a timely and courteous manner.
- Checks in with customer either by phone or text at each designated account to announce arrival and serve as company liaison for the customer.
- Collects payments from customers if required and verifies cash payment with customer prior to accepting payment to ensure correct collection.
- Communicates with branch dispatcher and/or supervisor if issues arise.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of prior commercial driving experience and deliveries.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a warehouse or distribution center.
- Valid Driver’s License. Motor Vehicle Record must show a record of sustained safe driving with no moving violations in the last 3 years.
- CDL-B Driver’s License required.
- Programs used:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks.
- Analytical ability including basic math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb stairs, stretch, and bend.
- Ability to navigate websites and able to see, review, and interpret computer images and written documents.
- Must have excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing in the English language with the ability to converse verbally with others on the phone and/or in person.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interpret customer needs as well as demonstrate a customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
Physical requirements include:
Lifting up to 50 pounds while demonstrating safety techniques
Moving about the warehouse and loading dock area majority of the day
Exiting and entering vehicles several times per day
Must be able to climb stairs, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel, and work in small spaces
and various climates.
Equipment used include:
Desktop computer and mouse/tablet.
Telephone, cellphone, fax machine, GPS.
Forklift and motorized pallet jack.
Scanning equipment, such as RF scanners
Motor vehicles, such as vans and trucks.
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.