Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Inside Sales Manager is primarily responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the movement of products and services to customers. The Inside Sales Manager is also responsible for managing other sales representatives as well as store employees.
A Little About Your Day: You will
- Communicate and work directly with current and prospective customers and perspective customers to provide presale applications support, quotations, and orders using order entry systems.
- Manage activities involving sales of products and service and determine pricing and discount rates by preparing quotes and appropriate documentation.
- Execute sales and promote products by placing orders for customers for deliveries or pickups.
- Assists customers with resolving issues and complaints regarding sales and services.
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Dedicate after hour time to learn the features, benefits, and applications of our products by participating in sales and product training events and Evergreen online and off-site training modules.
- Utilize vendor/supplier representatives on a consistent basis to grow sales, source products, and close deals.
- Communicate with other departments such as Purchasing, Accounting, and Operations in an effective manner when needed.
- Gains an understanding of the customer’s needs and applications by asking probing questions and effectively recommends the correct product that is suitable to the customer’s needs.
- Develop pricing strategy that is mindful of product margins.
- Manage a team of high performing sales representatives, providing mentorship, training, development, evaluations, and performance reviews.
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to work across all levels of the organization.
- Have a strong sense of urgency, ensuring proper follow-up with customers to ensure their needs are met.
- Possess a willingness to learn and grow to meet the evolving changes of the business.
- Are a natural leader who strives to get the very best from your team.
- Have the ability work with multiple systems and various sources of data.
- Use great care and discretion.
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- A high school degree.
- College degree in Sales, Business, or a related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience in sales, order entry, customer service or a related discipline.
- Management experience preferred.
We Can Offer You:
We value performance that exhibits a high sense of urgency, coupled with attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation! We also care about the welfare of our employees, which is why our salary and benefits are competitive. Colony’s benefits include:
- Quarterly bonuses based upon performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance (company paid!)
- 401k with generous match
- Competitive PTO and paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Industry leading training and development
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony:
Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity:
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.