A Little About Your Day. You will:
- Maintain financial records and monitor financial information.
- Monitor overdue accounts.
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules.
- Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in-person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
- Notify the Credit Manager when customers fail to respond to collection attempts.
- Sort and file correspondence and perform miscellaneous clerical duties.
- Contact insurance companies to check on the status of claims payments and write appeal letters for denial of claims.
- Negotiate credit extensions when necessary.
- Assist various departments with invoice research to resolve problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
This Might Be the Opportunity for You If:
- You enjoy working independently, prioritizing your work, and performing multiple tasks at once.
- Numbers are your thing! You have strong analytical skills and love to put them to use.
- You have excellent time management, can think on your feet, and are able to make critical decisions
- You have excellent communication skills and can deal with challenges while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Most importantly, you recognize the critical nature of how important our relationships are and work with a strong sense of urgency to resolve any issues.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- College degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Accounts Receivable role/function.
- Experience working with Accounting/ERP systems. Netsuite or similar a plus.
We Can Offer You:
We value performance that exhibits a high sense of urgency, coupled with attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation! We also care about the welfare of our employees, which is why our salary and benefits are competitive. Colony’s benefits include:
- Quarterly bonuses based on performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance (company paid!)
- 401k with generous match
- Competitive PTO and paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony:
Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.