A Little About Your Day:
- From day to day, you will assist in preparing orders and delivering them to customers in a timely and courteous manner.
- You will send all picked orders to the packing department after verifying all items are free of defects or damage, and then move the completed orders to appropriate shipment locations.
- Operating with a strong sense of urgency, you will serve as a company liaison for the customer by delivering all orders safely and on-time.
- To maximize accuracy, you will perform pre-trip inspections of vehicle, equipment, paperwork and loaded product and communicating discrepancies directly to dispatchers/supervisors.
- You will check in frequently with the customer to announce arrival, collect payments from customers, and ensure all signatures are received.
This Might Be the Opportunity for You If:
- It’s important to you to have a career where there is a large degree of predictability from one day to the next.
- You love being on your feet, whether it’s in the warehouse packing orders or delivering that order to the customer.
- Your pragmatic spirit is the foundation of your work ethic. You are results-driven, and adept at delegating details and authority easily. You seek to build consensus and harmony, thriving in a culture of stability.
- Your analytical and strategic focus promotes your need for structure and efficiency. You refuse to rush the process in order to just “complete” the order.
- Paying attention to the details is engrained in who you are. Doing it right is as important as doing it with a sense of urgency.
- You naturally gravitate towards working independently, but your approachable yet professional nature allows for communication to be one of your top qualities.
What You’ll Need for Success:
- At least one year of warehouse or distribution center experience and three years of prior commercial driving experience and deliveries.
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- A valid driver’s license with a record of sustained safe driving.
- A Commercial Driver’s License (A or B) is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
We Can Offer You:
Colony Hardware provides a performance based culture where all employees are rewarded for achievement of both personal and company goals. This includes:
- Competitive salary and quarterly bonuses.
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k retirement plans with a generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive sick, vacation and PTO time as well as paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Company-paid training and certifications
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony
With 50 locations and 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.