Inventory Control Manager at Colony Hardware will be primarily responsible for ensuring the integrity of stock. The Inventory Control Manager is also responsible for ensuring that all stock is at the required levels through the direct flow of goods into, through, and out of the organization.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Manage all inventory levels in the distribution center and all branches by use of scheduled cycle counts and create new protocols for department to follow.
- Oversee and manage a team within the Returns Department, new product area, maintenance and production, making sure that returns are being handled properly, new items are located properly, and creating work schedules and schedules.
- Track usage of scanner system to receive and record new stock as it arrives at the distribution center.
- Manage a team of branch inventory workers, stockers, and receivers and ensures all items are stocked on shelves and pallet racks correctly while performing housekeeping and down stocking.
- Audit pick/pack procedures on a regular basis
- Work effectively with Service/Rental Department regarding their inventory control and product movement.
- Perform pre-trip inspections of vehicle, equipment, paperwork and loaded product and communicating discrepancies directly to dispatchers/supervisors.
- Check in frequently with the customer to announce arrival, collect payments from customers, and ensure all signatures are received.
- Implement and reinforce company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
This Might Be the Opportunity for You If:
- It’s important to you to have a career where there is a large degree of predictability from one day to the next.
- You love being on your feet, whether it’s in the warehouse packing orders or delivering that order to the customer.
- Your pragmatic spirit is the foundation of your work ethic. You are results-driven, and adept at delegating details and authority easily. You seek to build consensus and harmony, thriving in a culture of stability.
- Your analytical and strategic focus promotes your need for structure and efficiency. You refuse to rush the process in order to just “complete” the order.
- Paying attention to the details is engrained in who you are. Doing it right is as important as doing it with a sense of urgency.
- You naturally gravitate towards working independently, but your approachable yet professional nature allows for communication to be one of your top qualities.
What You’ll Need for Success:
- Minimum of 3 years’ management experience in a Distribution environment responsible for warehouse/driver management.
- A valid driver’s license with a record of sustained safe driving.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
We Can Offer You:
Colony Hardware provides a performance based culture where all employees are rewarded for achievement of both personal and company goals. This includes:
- Competitive salary and quarterly bonuses.
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k retirement plans with a generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive sick, vacation and PTO time as well as paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Company-paid training and certifications
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony
With over 60 locations and 1,200 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.