A Little About Your Day: You will
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding issues, conflicts, and finances of the company.
- Develop and modify document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current technology.
- Analyze and maintain budget reports and data.
- Work with internal departments as well as outside auditors.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and run financial reports.
- Prepare analysis to ensure the accurate recording of transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare and analyze bank reconciliations with credit card transactions and corporate credit card transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly P&L packages for management distribution as well as acquisition training and implementation.
- Act as company liaison with bank credit card division regarding all credit card transactions.
- Review recorded transactions and process reclass entries when required.
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Have the ability to work independently while being part of a growing, fast paced team.
- Strive for improvement in processes and policies.
- Are motivated by the ability to impact results through sound business planning and implementation.
- Your ideal work environment relies on being flexible, innovative, and able to pivot quickly.
- Have the ability to work within multiple systems, gathering data from various sources and gather information together to present in a concise and accurate manner.
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Master’s Degree a plus
- CPA or CMA a plus
- Experience working in a company generating $500m in revenue plus.
- Strong experience working with multi-locational consolidations.
- Advanced excel skills including V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, and Macros.
- ERP systems experience, Netsuite a plus.
- Experience working in a shipping, receiving, retail, or distribution environment a strong plus.
We Can Offer You:
We value performance that exhibits a high sense of urgency, coupled with attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation! We also care about the welfare of our employees, which is why our salary and benefits are competitive. Colony’s benefits include:
- Quarterly bonuses based upon performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance (company paid!).
- 401k with generous match.
- Competitive PTO and paid holidays.
- Company-provided PPE as required.
- Industry leading training and development.
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors.
Life at Colony:
Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity:
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.