Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises receiving associates and the movement of stock from receiving to stock locations.
- Assigns associates different tasks and duties to be completed to meet daily goals and needs.
- Enters receipts and transfers into FACTS system using bar code/RF scanners.
- Communicates receipt discrepancies to the Purchasing Department.
- Trains new employees when hired and oversees ongoing training needs for all receiving associates.
- Motivates employees to keep on track by performing bi-weekly meetings to keep staff updated on any changes.
- Stocks and performs receiving associate duties during staff shortages or peak periods.
- Interacts with other departments such as Service and Rentals, Purchasing and Shipping to assist with daily duties as needed.
- Performs inventory checks and cycle counts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a warehouse or distribution center.
- Minimum of 3 years’ management experience in a warehouse or distribution center.
- Programs used:
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Must exhibit good leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to support and mentor staff of more than one employee.
- Analytical ability including basic math skills.
- Ability to navigate websites and able to see, review, and interpret computer images and written documents.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing in the English language with the ability to converse verbally with others on the phone and/or in person.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and climb stairs, stretch, and bend.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interpret customer needs as well as demonstrate a customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
This position is a full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM* position. Excellent attendance, punctuality, and working a flexible schedule, including weekends, is required. Must be willing to travel (by car or air) to other branches and locations and dedicate after hours for modules, seminars, customer/company events, and training sessions as needed.
*Hours may vary.
Physical Requirements/Equipment Used
Physical requirements include:
Lifting up to 50 pounds while demonstrating safety techniques
Moving about the warehouse and loading dock area majority of the day
Exiting and entering vehicles several times per day
Must be able to climb stairs, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel, and work in small spaces
and various climates
Equipment used include:
Desktop computer and mouse/tablet.
Telephone, cellphone, fax machine, GPS.
Forklift and motorized pallet jack.
Scanning equipment, such as RF scanners
Motor vehicles, such as vans and trucks.