This team member will be an integral part of controlling the inventory by processes such as bin resets to keep up with our continued growth, cycle counts to ensure its’ accuracy, identifying problem areas to bring to manager’s attention, helping put away customer returns, and helping with vendor returns when necessary.
A Little About Your Day:
- Runs daily inventory reports on item balance for every branch to update system and balance stock levels.
- Maintains and runs previous day back-order report daily through an Excel spread sheet.
- Reviews back-order report daily and resolves any discrepancies by physically checking stock levels on shelf.
- Makes adjustments to correct stock if needed through the WMS.
- Analyzes transfer exception report daily and reviews and physically adjusts on shelf as necessary.
- Completes packing slip verification daily.
- Runs a negative stock status report daily, reviews and adjusts on shelf if necessary.
- Picks stock from shelves when processing daily reports.
- Works closely with Purchasing and Accounting departments for paperwork review.
- Occasionally stocks shelves with product.
- Assists in off-site inventories as needed.
- Works in the Receiving Department and assists in picking/packing orders in the absence of other associates.
- Performs cycle counts as needed.
- Collaborates with various departments to ensure smooth flow of paperwork and products.
- Other duties as assigned.
This Might Be the Opportunity for You If:
- It’s important to you to have a career where there is a large degree of predictability from one day to the next.
- Your analytical and strategic focus promotes your need for structure and efficiency. You refuse to rush the process in order to just “complete” the order.
- Paying attention to the details is engrained in who you are. Doing it right is as important as doing it with a sense of urgency.
- You naturally gravitate towards working independently, but your approachable yet professional nature allows for communication to be one of your top qualities.
- You deal with conflict in a positive way and are able to deal with adverse situations by remaining calm.
What You’ll Need for Success:
- Warehouse experience recommended, but not required.
- Basic computer skills recommended.
- Ability to work independently by prioritizing and performing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as a team to reset bins quickly, safely, and efficiently.
- Basic math and counting skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds safely and properly.
- Must have excellent time management, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational skills, and show an attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing in the English language with the ability to converse verbally with others on the phone and/or in person.
We Can Offer You:
Colony Hardware provides a performance-based culture where all employees are rewarded for achievement of both personal and company goals. This includes:
- Competitive salary and quarterly bonuses.
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k retirement plans with a generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive sick, vacation and PTO time as well as paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required.
- Company-paid training and certifications
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony
With 50 locations and 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.