Are you the type of worker who thrives in a fast-paced and professional work environment and gains satisfaction from achieving goals consistently and efficiently? Are you looking for a long-lasting career where your earning potential, growth, and advancement coincide with your hard work? Now’s the time to consider a career with Colony Hardware.
Reporting to the Vice President of Supply Chain, the Director of Purchasing is responsible for managing Purchasing operations, negotiating and maintaining relationships with local and regional suppliers, and optimizing inventory stock levels at hub(s) and branch locations.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Provide active day-to-day leadership, direction, coordination, coaching, and performance management to a team of buyers/supply planners located across the regions where Colony Hardware operates
- Execute strategic initiatives as they relate to purchasing processes and activities.
- Lead the team in the development, adoption, and use of processes that drive efficiency and effectiveness to support customer demand.
- Work with Marketing and New Products Council to ensure our product offering represents the most current models from our core manufacturers.
- Manage system data parameters including min/max levels to ensure fill rate objectives are attained.
- Resource problem suppliers as necessary.
- Maintains supplier relationships always looking to leverage Colony’s position, including sourcing of new suppliers, and negotiating pricing and terms, promotions, and rebates.
- Works with Branch Managers and suppliers to optimize local opportunities.
- Support acquisition integration.
- Support requests for price and availability in a timely manner.
- Negotiates off-sheet pricing where possible to provide a competitive advantage for Colony.
- Create and use metrics and KPIs to drive process efficiency and productivity in planning, purchase order creation, past due management, PO acknowledgment, receiving discrepancies, etc.
- Provide management summaries on supplier rebate status as required.
- Manage process for transfer of inventory from distribution center to branch warehouses.
- Track and manage open customer backorders to insure timely delivery.
- Conduct timely performance evaluations by monitoring performance and initiating action to strengthen results with goal setting including periodic one on one meetings with direct reports
- Implement and reinforce company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Are highly proficient in negotiating for the best outcome for both the customer and the supplier.
- Have excellent leadership skills with a proven track record of building scalable teams.
- Have a strong ability to build relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Have the ability to work independently, prioritize work, and perform multiple tasks.
- Have excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational, and project management skills as well as attention to detail.
- Must exhibit good leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to support and mentor staff with diverse backgrounds in geographically dispersed locations.
- Analytical ability including strong math skills, analyzing large data sets, and trend analysis.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams and creating a collaborative environment.
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a managerial or directorial position is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of successful purchasing experience.
- Experience using tools such as Business analytics platforms (Power BI or similar), ERP systems (NetSuite, Profit 21, Oracle), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint, etc.)
We Can Offer You:
We value performance that exhibits a high sense of urgency, coupled with attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation! We also care about the welfare of our employees, which is why our salary and benefits are competitive. Colony’s benefits include:
- Quarterly bonuses based upon performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance (company paid!)
- 401k with a generous match
- Competitive PTO and paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Industry-leading training and development
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony:
Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity:
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal-opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, a victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition, or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.