Are you the type of worker who thrives in a fast-paced and professional work environment and gains satisfaction from achieving goals consistently and efficiently? Are you looking for a long-lasting career where your earning potential, growth, and advancement coincide with your hard work? Now’s the time to consider a career with Colony Hardware.
Reporting to the VP of Procurement, the Sourcing Category Manager is responsible for a key spend category of concrete and masonry. This role will be responsible for defining and executing sourcing strategies that drive P&L value across the services within the assigned category.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Hold overall responsibility for all sourcing activity within the category, responsible for end-to-end execution of all sourcing activities with high impact and/or visibility within the organization
- Develops and maintains sourcing plans, spend profiles, and product pipeline
- Maintains status of all completed, active and planned sourcing activities to review with management on a regular basis
- Manages the relationships with key suppliers including holding regular meetings to review the attainment of common goals and performance, and address any issues to ensure the highest level of service delivery.
- Leverage spend analytics, market intelligence, and expiring contracts reporting to continuously build a pipeline of opportunities for sourcing to address within the category
- Works with other functions to develop and maintain product categories and subcategories
- Conducts detailed analysis of transactions, inventory, demand, and supply to identify trends and proactively manage categories, including working across the business to optimize inventory and increase order fulfillment for the categories under management
- Maintains strong working relationships with business leaders and vendors to ensure Sourcing is engaged early on any initiative related to the category and goals for the category are attained.
- Leads process to streamline sourcing for the category, including supplier consolidation, SKU product life cycle, and SKU assortment
- Develop processes to ensure that business stakeholders are utilizing preferred suppliers wherever possible thereby leveraging the company’s scale to drive greater value for the company
- Plan and implement effective negotiation strategies with vendors.
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Have outstanding relationship building and negotiation skills, recognizing the critical nature of the relationship between Colony Hardware and our suppliers.
- Are a strategic thinker able to create and follow plans for category spend.
- Are extremely organized with excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Have an analytical mindset with the ability to present concise reports to all levels of the organization.
- Are able to work across all levels, both within and outside of Colony Hardware
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field is highly preferred.
- 8+ years of category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier management experience.
- 5 + years experience in category management of concrete and masonry categories required.
- Experience in purchasing of direct products, ideally in a distribution or similar environment.
We Can Offer You:
We value performance that exhibits a high sense of urgency, coupled with attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation! We also care about the welfare of our employees, which is why our salary and benefits are competitive. Colony’s benefits include:
- Quarterly bonuses based upon performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance (company paid!)
- 401k with a generous match
- Competitive PTO and paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Industry-leading training and development
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony:
Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity:
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal-opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, a victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.