Are you the type of individual who thrives in a fast-paced and professional work environment and gains satisfaction from achieving goals consistently and efficiently? Are you looking for a long-lasting career where your earning potential, growth, and advancement coincide with your hard work? Now’s the time to consider a career with Colony Hardware.
Creating a Safety Culture, where our associates' safety and well-being is always the #1 priority is the primary responsibility of this Safety Leader. This highly energized, out in the business leader will engage with associates daily, help lead safety messaging, provide a pro-active approach to Safety and work cross-functionally to ensure safety training and compliance is effective.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Lead a caring safety culture that is focused on people.
- Lead processes necessary to ensure a safe working environment – every shift, every day.
- Lead processes necessary to be compliant with applicable federal, state, and local safety requirements and remain current on changing requirements; handle any applicable audits or OSHA visits.
- Lead programs, training and messaging to recognize, reward and promote safe behaviors throughout our facilities – catch our associates doing things right and celebrate.
- Drive strong accountability with leaders to be role models of safe behaviors.
- Lead programs to correct unsafe acts and unsafe conditions in the workplace.
- Stay apprised of trends and best practices – both across the network and within the marketplace and the Safety Community.
- Ensure relevant data, compliance records & training, postings, procedures, and reporting are complete, accurate, and in compliance. Extract insights from our data to identify trends/issues/opportunities and create a plan to address those insights (ergonomic, PM issues, training gaps, etc.).
- Build high-performing teams, and develop and retain top talent.
- Manage financial controls and budgeting, providing leadership and guidance to maintain a safety budget with an emphasis on practical business and financial responsibility.
This Might Be the Opportunity for You If you:
What You’ll Need for Success
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where safety is a top priority.
- Work well collaborating with business leaders, HR, and Worker's Compensation/Leave Experts on all decisions related to injuries, leaves, reasonable accommodations/return to work, discipline, and leave case management.
- Thrive to get the best out of others through coaching and leadership.
- Have a caring positive approach, influencing and motivating others.
- Approach safety with a “whole systems thinking” approach.
- Are process-focused, creating and managing projects and policies to ensure best practices are in place and followed.
- Possess strategic agility and you are able to think through complex issues and develop solutions that deliver integrated and long-lasting results.
- Are action-oriented with a high level of energy and ability to help others see the goals for safety, health, and environment.
- Drive for results – action-oriented and able to produce results utilizing matrixed relationships throughout the organization.
- Have a strong sense of urgency around communication and a proactive approach to issues and concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Operations, Engineering, Business, or similar.
- Minimum 5=7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in working with regulatory agencies.
- Prior experience managing budgets.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to travel as necessary including some overnight travel.
We Can Offer You:
Colony Hardware provides a performance-based culture where all employees are rewarded for the achievement of both personal and company goals. This includes:
- Competitive salary.
- Quarterly bonuses based upon branch performance.
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options.
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k retirement plans with a generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Competitive sick, vacation, and PTO time as well as paid holidays.
- Company-provided PPE as required.
- Company-paid training and certifications.
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors.
About Colony Hardware:
With 50 locations and 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony Hardware’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal-opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, a victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.