With over 50 locations in 17 states and nearly 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
Our customers can count on us for same or next-day delivery of over 30,000 products from the top names in the industry right to their job site with no minimum order requirement. At the heart of what we do is building long-term, meaningful relationships. Whether it is our customers, suppliers, or our associates, everyone is a part of the Colony family!
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
Reporting to the Operations Manager or Branch Manager, the Operations Supervisor is primarily responsible for ensuring that orders are filled at the distribution center for delivery company-wide. The Operations Supervisor also ensures that merchandise sold by our sales team or at the branch retail store locations is shipped completely and accurately in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes job duties for the entire crew while working closely with departments to effectively and productively fill orders.
- Proactively addresses any problems that arise by keeping processes, rules, and procedures in place.
- Tracks employee time off and tardiness and ensures timecards are accurate before they are given to Payroll.
- Responsible for workplace safety and that personal protective equipment is being used consistently and properly.
- Ensures truck safety and makes corrective actions that need to be taken to make trucks safely operable by working with the Fleet Manager.
- Confirms all items are transferred to other branches in an accurate and efficient way.
- Completes accident reports for employees and vehicle accident reports.
- Participates in decisions regarding delivery times, route schedules, and other logistics for delivering the product.
- Ensures that distribution center is kept orderly and clean during production and at end of shift.
- Assists in fulfilling special orders that require additional attention and performs stock counts to ensure stock levels are accurate.
- Communicates with drivers daily at day's end to review deliveries and address any re-ships or returns.
- Inspects all trucks to make sure they are loaded correctly throughout the day and night and that all truck loads are secure and orderly.
- Rechecks all orders for Hardware Spot to determine if they were picked correctly and shipped in the costliest and most effective way.
- Prepares and processes UPS and freight bills for outbound shipment, ensuring they are paid and charged to the customer if applicable.
- Occasionally fills in with picker/packer responsibilities including the sorting of products and movement through the established system.
- Mentors and trains new hires in warehouse processes, procedures, and operations.
- Makes deliveries in company vehicles as needed and dispatch vehicles throughout the day as needed.
- Inspects products to determine if they are in saleable condition and keys purchase order.
- Implements and reinforces company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- College degree in related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ management/supervisory/lead experience in a Distribution environment responsible for warehouse/driver management.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Must exhibit good leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to support and mentor staff of more than one employee.
- Analytical ability including basic math skills.
- Ability to navigate websites and able to see, review, and interpret computer images and written documents.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing in the English language with the ability to converse verbally with others on the phone and/or in person.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb stairs, stretch, and bend.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interpret customer needs as well as demonstrate a customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.