PMO Manager - Remote or Hybrid
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Orange, CT, United States
Are you the type of worker who thrives in a fast-paced and professional work environment and gains satisfaction from achieving goals consistently and efficiently? Are you looking for a long-lasting career where your earning potential, growth, and advancement coincide with your hard work? Now’s the time to consider a career with Colony Hardware.
The PMO Manager directs and oversees the organization’s portfolio of IT projects, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of the stakeholder.
A Little About Your Day: You will:
- Define the organization’s project management methodology and establishes processes for tracking and delivering projects.
- Lead a team of internal and external business analysts, project managers, and financial analysts in a matrix setup, guide the PMO process from inception/ROI through to delivery, and ensure the prioritization of work is adequate.
- Act as the spokesperson for the IT Steering Committee, preparing and managing all materials for planned and ad-hoc updates/meetings, as well as oversees the area of procurement and budgeting for IT.
- Lead the implementation of methodologies throughout the department and communicates process to business units.
- Lead the development of tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communications, and key performance metrics.
- Establish the performance of IT resources, and provide management of the overall budget, goals, issues, and prioritizations.
- Analyze, improve and manage complex project plans to ensure resource and milestone expectations are being met and provide project status, open items, gaps, and proposals to leadership/steering committee for approval, prioritization, and/or resolution.
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around respective project portfolios; direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts.
- Foster innovation and increase business agility by embracing agile delivery approaches
- Manage vendor and consulting relationships and negotiates project-related contract services. Ensures vendor delivery and manages ongoing external relationships.
- Oversee the procurement and budgeting function within IT.
- Develop reports and comprehensive dashboards for regular updates and reviews with the steering committee and others.
- Establish a centralized IT program management office by developing a consistent method of project management strategies and processes for the organization.
- Create and realize ROI.
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Have extensive experience forecasting spend rate, and resource utilization six months to year out.
- Are able to provide communication on projects between all departments and functional business units.
- Can manage an ongoing governance structure for the projects of the program.
- Have experience working in a highly dynamic team and fast-paced environment with continuous challenges.
- Can build collaborative relationships.
- Are able to identify and seek information and perform research
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Minimum three years or more managing the PMO function directly
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing software development and rollout-type projects
- Minimum 3 years of supervision experience is required, experience leading a team is strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Agile Methodology experience
- While we are flexible on this being a remote or hybrid role, the qualified candidate will need to live within driving distance of CT and be available to be on-site as needed sometimes with little notice.
We Can Offer You:
We value performance that exhibits a high sense of urgency, coupled with attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation! We also care about the welfare of our employees, which is why our salary and benefits are competitive. Colony’s benefits include:
- Quarterly bonuses based upon performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance (company paid!)
- 401k with a generous match.
- Competitive PTO and paid holidays.
- Company-provided PPE as required.
- Industry-leading training and development.
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors.
Life at Colony:
Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.