With over 47 locations in 17 states, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
Additionally Colony offers offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with company match, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, long term and short term disability insurance, and employee discounts on our extensive catalog of products.
- Manages all inventory levels in the region by use of scheduled cycle counts and creates new protocols for department to follow.
- Negotiates buy back plans with vendors
- Works with the purchasing team to establish min max adjustments
- Provides on site support for local inventory.
- Works on regional projects on inventory, obsolete stock, slow moving stock and vendor returns
- Prepares daily prior day back order report and presents report to Director, CFO and Sales group.
- Utilizes prior day back order report to create branch count report and sends to branches so that they can check their stock and appropriate adjustments can be made.
- Works with branch inventory team to address any problems and devise plans of action by reviewing and auditing practices.
- Works with the IT Department to create reports and solutions for inventory irregularities.
- Communicate with staff and other internal department regarding shortages, overages and damages, etc.
- Manages and maintains outside sales consignment and customer consignment accounts.
- Assists in the order and set up of shelving and racking for new acquisitions and greenfield startups in the assigned region.
- Manages layout and sets up crew for new branch and acquisition locations in the assigned region.
- Audits pick/pack procedures on a regular basis
- Works effectively with Service/Rental Department regarding their inventory control and product movement.
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks.Must have excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.Must exhibit good leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to support and mentor staff of more than one employee. Analytical ability including basic math skills.Ability to navigate websites and able to see, review, and interpret computer images and written documents. Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing in the English language with the ability to converse verbally with others on the phone and/or in person. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance ;over 50 pounds with assistance.and climb stairs, stretch, and bend. Must have outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interpret customer needs as well as demonstrate a customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- College degree in related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in a Distribution environment responsible for warehouse/driver management.
- Valid Driver’s License. Motor Vehicle Record must show a record of sustained safe driving with no violations in the last 3 years.
- Programs used:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
This position is a full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM* position. Excellent attendance, punctuality, and working a flexible schedule, including weekends, is required. Must be willing to travel (by car or air) to other branches and locations and dedicate after hours for modules, seminars, customer/company events, and training sessions as needed.
Physical Requirements/Equipment Used
Physical requirements include:
Lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted. Greater than 50 pounds assisted, while demonstrating safety techniques
Moving about the warehouse and loading dock area majority of the day
Exiting and entering vehicles several times per day
Must be able to climb stairs, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel, and work in small spaces
and various climates.
Equipment used include:
Desktop computer and mouse/tablet.
Telephone, cellphone, fax machine, GPS.
Forklift and motorized pallet jack.
Scanning equipment, such as RF scanners
Motor vehicles, such as vans and trucks.
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.