Are you the type of worker who thrives in a fast-paced and professional work environment and gains satisfaction from achieving goals consistently and efficiently? Are you looking for a long-lasting career where your earning potential, growth, and advancement coincide with your hard work? Now’s the time to consider a career with Colony Hardware.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting Operations, the Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing all Colony Hardware accounts payable processes.
A Little About Your Day: You will
- Manage staff responsible for performing accounts payable function for Colony Hardware
- Follow company procedures for compliance and internal controls; coding and processing invoices including, distinguishing appropriate accounting period, determining company, branch, or division allocation, ensuring proper G/L account codes are used, prepaid expenses and classification of nonemployee compensation
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expenses, maintains accurate records, and control reports
- Manage the monthly inter-company invoice preparation to related companies and the
process of payments
- Assist in preparing monthly and yearly accruals and adjustments for the accounting cycle
- Ensure all account aging issues are identified, communicated (especially with respect to necessity for accruals), and resolved in a timely manner
- Evaluate and implement technology and process improvements to optimize department processes and gain operational efficiencies
- Manage corporate credit card program including maintaining user administration, credit limits, monitoring employee expense reports for compliance with company policies
- In collaboration with the accounting department, analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts and assist in preparation of journal entries as necessary
- Provide detailed account variance analysis
- Ensure that proper vendor identification information has been obtained from all vendors to allow for proper preparation of annual 1099s
- Perform daily approval ACH and wire activity
- Assist with accounting department audit requests
This might be the opportunity for you if you:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to work across all levels of the organization.
- Are detail oriented letting nothing “slip through the cracks”
- Prefer to work in an environment where multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities drive your day.
- Possess a willingness to learn and grow to meet the evolving changes of the business.
- Are a natural leader who strives to get the very best from your team.
- Have the ability to work with multiple systems and various sources of data.
What You’ll Need to Have for success:
- A high school degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 2-4 years experience with processing invoices using an accounts payable module
- 2-3 years experience with general ledger, month-end close functions, reconciliations, etc.,
- Management or supervisory experience, required
We Can Offer You:
We value performance that exhibits a high sense of urgency, coupled with attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation! We also care about the welfare of our employees, which is why our salary and benefits are competitive. Colony’s benefits include:
- Quarterly bonuses based upon performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance (company paid!)
- 401k with a generous match
- Competitive PTO and paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Industry-leading training and development
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony:
Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colony’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity:
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal-opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, a victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.